(Florence, 1906; Ibid, 1986)
He was the favourite pupil and assistant of Libero Andreotti from 1926 onwards. Innocenti collaborated with Andreotti on the creation of “Monumento ai caduti” (Monument to the fallen) in Roncade and “Monumento alla madre italiana” (Monument to the Italian mother) in Santa Croce in Florence. His debut was in 1925 when his works were shown at the Decorative Art Exhibition in Paris,where he was awarded several prizes.
Initially his works were concerned with the simplification and deconstruction of shapes. Many of his drawings are preserved in the Drawing and Prints Cabinet in the Uffizi. He was invited to show at all the Biennial Exhibitions until 1948 and all the post-war Roman Quadrennial Exhibitions. In 1933, after Andreotti’s death, he became Professor of Sculpture at the Istituto Statale d’Arte di Firenze. He took part in the Exposition Universelle in Paris in 1937. The following year, he showed at the New York World’s Fair. In 1946 he worked in the US for one year and in 1951 the Metropolitan Museum of Art dedicated a personal show to him. Many of his youthful drawings are preserved in the Gabinetto dei Disegni e delle Stampe degli Uffizi.